Tag Archives: Lengkok Bahru

RUTHLESS LOANSHARKS SET FLAT ON FIRE, BABY RUSHED TO HOSPITAL

A 14-month-old child was sent to hospital for smoke inhalation after loan sharks set fire to his parents' rental flat just two weeks after moving in. This incident happened at about 2am on Sunday at Block 59, Lengkok Bahru. Mr Chen had just moved into the two-room flat with his wife and son two weeks ago. Mr Chen woke up with a shock when he smelled smoke. He rushed to the kitchen to check the stove before realising that the smoke was coming from the door His neighbour shouted for him to put out the fire. Mr Chen managed to pour a pan of water as the fire was not too big yet. His neighbours helped him to put out the fire too.

Read More »