Fire

Bukit Batok Fire: Murali Says Sorry, But Shouldn't He Be Taken To Task?

Bukit Batok Fire: Murali Says Sorry, But Shouldn't He Be Taken To Task?

Now is this not putting the blame somewhere else and refusing to take responsibility? We know that if this happened in a WP ward, the MPs there would definitely be taken to task and be accused of not doing their duty to ensure resident's safety, even though the problem lies with Town Council staff. What about Murali then? Would he be let off without a single admonishment?

Filed Under: 

Another HDB Unit Catches Fire, 4 People Taken To Hospital

Another HDB Unit Catches Fire, 4 People Taken To Hospital

SCDF said they responded to a fire in a fifth-floor unit of Block 158 Yung Loh Road at about 7.45pm and put out the fire with a water jet. Of the four people taken to hospital, this include a woman who had to be rescued from a kitchen ledge by firefighters. She had apparently been on the ledge hanging on for dear life for about 20 minutes. Her neighbours saw her on the ledge, and notified the SCDF officers immediately.

Filed Under: 

41 Year Old Man Became SG's First PMD Fire Fatality

41 Year Old Man Became SG's First PMD Fire Fatality

The Bukit Batok fire that took place on Thursday night at an HDB unit has claimed a life. 41 year old Mr Goh Keng Soon, who was initially rescued by SCDF officers when the fire broke out in his flat, succumbed to his injuries on Saturday morning. He had third degree burns on 40% of his body and died at SGH.

Filed Under: 

Fire At Geylang Ravaged Shophouses, Netizens Say The Area Is Always Fiery & Hot

Fire At Geylang Ravaged Shophouses, Netizens Say The Area Is Always Fiery & Hot

A fire broke out late on Wednesday night at Geylang, engulfing two shophouses in the process. The fire first broke out at the building at Geylang Lorong 14, at about 8:35pm, and the fire was so huge that twelve emergency vehicles and 70 firefighters were deployed to the scene, The area was also cordoned off by the police to facilitate the firefighting.

Filed Under: 

FIRE AT YUHUA VILLAGE FOOD CENTRE, ONE MAN INJURED

SCDF said that the fire involved an exhaust duct linked to one of the stalls. The injured man, in his 30s, was taken to Ng Teng Fong General Hospital for cuts to his right hand. A spokesman for the Jurong-Clementi Town Council said that the fire damaged the exhaust fan, metal roof and fittings of affected stalls. It said all stalls were closed on Wednesday, and some continue to be close do Thursday, while the gas supplier and electricians conducted another round of safety inspections.

Filed Under: 

Pages

Advertisement
Subscribe to RSS - Fire