The Public Transport Council announced that train operators SMRT and SBS Transit can submit their fare adjustment applications to the PTC for review. The maximum allowed adjustment for this year is -3.9% and due to the carry over -1.5% from last years, the total would be -5.4%. It is curious that PTC does not take into account SMRT's poor record of reliability especially in recent months. Shouldn't such severe breakdowns be taken into account to ensure these transport companies are not being rewarded for their poor unreliable service? If PTC is indeed an organisation set up for the benefit of Singaporeans, they should take firm action and reject all upward fare adjustments until SMRT and SBS achieve a certain level of reliability.Read More »
Tag Archives: Fare Adjustment
TRANSPORT FARE GOING UP SOON!
From water price hike, S&CC hike, electricity hike, taxis adopting surge pricing. Next on the agenda, is the transport hike. The Public Transport Council (PTC) has started its review of the formula through which bus and train fares are adjusted yearly. The PTC said that it would propose improvements to the formula, given the changes in the public transport industry. This definitely hints at a transport fare hike. Here we go again. Every year, fare increase, but it will never go down.Read More »