Electrocution

SMRT STAFF JOLTED BY 750 VOLT ELECTRIC SHOCK DID NOT FOLLOW SAFETY PROTOCOLS

Yesterday near Sembawang station, an MRT worker was shocked by 750 volts of electricity when he was measuring the height and distance of the third rail. SMRT said that the victim accessed the live sector without seeking prior approval. As a result, the worker in his twenties sustained electrical burn injures to his left hand. Fortunately he survived the accident.

Filed Under: 

PRC BOY ELECTROCUTED FOR PEEING ON HIGH VOLTAGE TRANSFORMER

A boy suffered a near-fatal electrocution when he urinated on a transformer on a roadside in China's Xi'an, the capital of Shaanxi province. Fang Haohao, seven, wanted to relieve himself while waiting with his parents at a bus stop and was told by his father to do so at an open space behind some hoarding, according to MyPaper. Mr Fang then heard crackling noises shortly after and saw thick smoke rising from a nearby shed, which turned out to be a 10,000-volt electrical substation.

Filed Under: 

ROMANIAN GIRL ERUPTS INTO FIREBALL WHILE TRYING TO TAKE SELFIE

A selfie-obsessed teen was tragically electrocuted by a live wire after climbing on top of a train in pursuit of the ultimate self-portrait. Brunette Anna Ursu, 18, had gone to the train station with a friend in Iasi in northeast Romania to take the “selfie” and post it on Facebook. But as she sat on top of the train and stuck her leg in the air, she erupted into flames when overhead cables sent 27,000 volts zapping through her body.

Filed Under: 

18 YR OLD TEEN ELECTROCUTED TO DEATH BY 707 BRANDED HEATER WHILE TAKING A SHOWER

He was taking his usual shower in the evening when, suddenly, he started screaming. Shocked, the family rushed to the door, only to find it locked. Beside the door, an electrical socket connected to the water heater was smoking. When they finally battered the door open, 18-year-old Gregory Ng was on the floor.

Filed Under: 

WOMAN ELECTROCUTED TO DEATH BY FAULTY USB PHONE CHARGER

Sheryl Aldeguer left behind two young children and a husband when she was electrocuted by a faulty USB phone charger in her rented room in Gosford in April. The 28-year-old, from the Philippines, was to start work as a theatre nurse at Gosford Hospital within days of her death. Authorities used Ms Aldeguer's death to warn consumers against buying rip-off USB-style chargers. The young woman was wearing headphones and holding her laptop when she was found dead with burns on her ears and chest, in an apparent electrocution.

Filed Under: 

Pages

Advertisement
Subscribe to RSS - Electrocution