ava

MORE THAN 50 MICE FOUND ABANDONED IN PASIR RIS

Karen Teng, 47, said she saw a moving white mass, and when she went for a closer look, realised that the white mass was made up of many little rodents. A trail of bread slices had also been placed at the same spot, which leads to a forested area, which could have been used to lure the mice further away from the pavement. She estimated that the mice were about 6 cm long, minus the tail.

Filed Under: 

MONKEY TERRORIZING PUNGGOL RESIDENTS CAUGHT BY AVA

Some pictures and videos of the monkey eating oranges and eggs that it had snatched from a passer-by, as well as hanging out at a playground were taken by a resident there. The resident also claimed that the monkey scratched the leg of a boy who is four or five years old and also climbed up outside the units of some flats. Acres and AVA were both highlighted.

Filed Under: 

CROCODILE SIGHTED AT CHANGI BEACH, DAYS AFTER ONE WAS SPOTTED AT PASIR RIS

It was an ICA officer who first raised the alarm, when Mr Yusaini Abdul Rahim, 41, who was working at the Changi Ferry Terminal, saw the crocodile on Monday morning while out on patrol. He contacted the AVA and NParks to inform them about the sighting. He spotted the crocodile again on Wednesday, and took photos and videos of it.

Filed Under: 

TWO WOMEN FINED BY AVA FOR PET ABANDONMENT

The AVA has stated that those found abandoning their pets will be dealt with harshly. To reiterate their point, two women were fined and given a six-month ban from owning pets in separate cases of pet abandonment.

Members of the public can report cases of pet abandonment to the AVA via its 24 hour hotline at 1800 476 1600.

Filed Under: 

TOA PAYOH PET SHOP NEGLECT & CAUSE ANIMALS TO DIE, REVOKE THEIR LICENCE NOW

Netizen Felicia Tan was angered by AG Pets shop at Toa Payoh for neglecting its animals and causing one of its hamsters to die. She saw the owner scoop up a sick hamster only to put it on the shelf instead of quarantining it. The owner refused to bring it to the vet and did so only when the netizen offered to pay for the medical bill. Unfortunately, the hamster passed away. She said it does not feed its animals properly too and asked AVA to suspend its licence.

Filed Under: 

94 CATS FOUND IN TWO ROOM HDB FLAT

Now imagine staying in a tight squeeze in the two room HDB flat and sharing it with 94 cats! AVA has reported over the weekend they are investigating a case of 94 cats being house in a two room HDB unit in Fernvale Link. Most of the cats are found in less than satisfactory conditions, with some suffering from eye infections and some bruises, confirmed the Cat Welfare Society (CWS), which had rescued the cats togethter with some volunteers.

The HDB unit itself were found to have mouldy ceilings, and videos showed the house only had a bed, two stools, and some plastic bags that were stacked against the wall in the living room of the flat. AVA said they had been informed of the incident, and are currently investigating. The rescue operations of the cat took 4 hours in total, and 17 of the cats were sent to Mount Pleasant Pet Clinic for further treatments. According to reports, the person who looked after the cat is now unable to provide for the cats anymore.

Filed Under: 

Pages

Advertisement
Subscribe to RSS - ava