The main customers to the supermarket, situated at Toh Guan Road in Jurong East, are migrant workers, according to Ms Mo Mei Lian, 43, owner of the store. She told Lianhe Zaobao since last month their rival reached out to the workers at their dormitory areas. On 23 August, it came to their attention that the new mart distributed flyers just outside workers’ dormitory. On 10 September, they were surprised that their rival was offering free lorry rides for workers to visit their store at Jurong West.
Another person was frustrated when an NEA officer told her not to smoke under the shelter. She claimed she was only smoking near the dustbin, which is near but not under the shelter, when it was drizzling. There goes your $200!
The maid, who is in her 20s, was reported to have been cleaning the windows of the unit at Carissa Park condominium at Tampines on Tuesday. MOM has banned maids from cleaning the outside of windows since 2012, unless they are physically supervised by their employer or by an adult representative of their employer.
The maid is reportedly recovering form her unspecified injuries.
My recent article on toilets in MRT stations (Link: https://www.allsingaporestuff.com/article/public-toilets-mrt-stations-pr...) has drawn responses, a lot of which accused me of either being spoilt, entitled, or responses telling me off for not using the toilet earlier or making comments full of excrement. I wonder if such comments are called for and fall within the realm of civilised discourse.
One of Singapore's richest man, billionaire Peter Lim, has lodged two police reports after his name and images were used in online scams. The Singaporean investor warns members of the public not to fall for the scams, and is concerned that some have already fallen victim.
The ICA has warned the public that there is a fake website that disguises itself as ICA official page, but is actually a website phishing for visitors' visa reference numbers and passport numbers. The website has been named as singaporeonline-epass.com.
Members of the public have been advised that they should exercise caution by checking on the URL and Web address, so as not to become a victim.
Household cleaning products may cause harm to your lungs similar to what smoking does to your lungs.
And you also need to be careful of products that claim to be for suitable for sensitive-skin. Some of these products contain a family of chemicals called isothiazolinones. They have been blamed for allergies known as contact dermatitis where the skin becomes red and itchy.