SAMSUNG WASHING MACHINE EXPLODED IN BUKIT PANJANG FLAT

A 42 year-old Singaporean housewife and her 16 year-old daughter were in for a rude shock yesterday afternoon when their washing machine, which had been washing their laundry for 10 minutes or so, suddenly burst into flames and exploded. The shocked victims could only flee in horror as charred bits of the machine started flying.

Advertisement

The incident took place at Segar Road, Block 469, Bukit Panjang.

Neighbors rushed to their unit after noticing the burning smell and offered to help, but the fire was blazing too furiously. They could only advise the mother and daughter pair to run for their lives.

Later, the Singapore Civil Defence Force arrived at the scene and extinguished the flames.

In the aftermath of the explosion, all that remained of the machine was a charred black body pictured above.

Editor's Note: 

Do you have a story to share? Please use our submission form or email us at editorial@allsingaporestuff.com. If not, why not give us a 'Like'?

Filed Under: 

Tags: 

Advertisement

Your Views