The Progress Singapore Party (PSP) has announced its first batch of election candidates. The candidates are from a range of backgrounds and demographic. Although the party did not state where it will contest in the upcoming elections, it is likely to be West Coast GRC.
The six members are:
1.Francis Yuen – Appointed to PSP CEC. He is CEO of industrial conglomerate Hong Leong Asia.
2. Hazel Poa – PSP Vice-Chairman. She is founder of SmartLab Education Private and graduated from Cambridge University.
3. Bradley Bowyer – Media background
4. Sri Nallakaruppan – PSP Treasurer. He is an Investment Specialist in capital markets.
5. Gigene Wong – She has held senior roles in China MNCs.
6. Muhammad Taufik Bin Supan – He is an IT professional.
With candidates and members coming from a variety of fields of expertise it is hoped that they may be able to represent the people well in parliament.
The 1000-strong party is helmed by Dr Tan Cheng Bock who has been present in PSP’s Meet-the-People Zoom sessions and was seen in a walkabout in West Coast earlier in January.
With both PSP and the Reform Party expected to contest in West Coast GRC, the upcoming general elections might see a three-cornered fight.