47 year-old Yulianto was working in Hotel Ciputra Semarang when he reached for his phone in his front shirt pocket… little did he expect the phone to explode in white flames and set him and his clothes on fire!
According to CCTV footage from the hotel he was working in, Yulianto could be seen standing and waiting before reaching for his phone, which appeared to explode just before he touched it.
As the phone exploded and set his clothes on fire, Yulianto could be seen struggling to remove his clothes while being scorched by the white, toxic flames.
After a few seconds, he was able to remove the flaming clothing and walked out shakily with the help of his colleagues.
News reports state that the phone was a Samsung brand and was a Grand Duos model.
Sengkang MP He Ting Ru said she was dismayed that many Singaporeans are living with racism. "There is no place in our society for racism, sexism or xenophobia," she wrote.