Dear A.S.S. Editor
A fire that broke out on Tuesday night at a noodle stall in a Jurong East hawker centre has led to 10 stalls still being closed as at Thursday night. A man was injured in the incident, which happened at about 8pm at Yuhua Village Market & Food Centre, located at Block 254, Jurong East Street 24.
SCDF said that the fire involved an exhaust duct linked to one of the stalls. The injured man, in his 30s, was taken to Ng Teng Fong General Hospital for cuts to his right hand. A spokesman for the Jurong-Clementi Town Council said that the fire damaged the exhaust fan, metal roof and fittings of affected stalls. It said all stalls were closed on Wednesday, and some continue to be close do Thursday, while the gas supplier and electricians conducted another round of safety inspections.