Dear A.S.S. Editor
The MOM has confirmed that the Singaporean man who died at a Kranji worksite on Sunday was electrocuted. The man was said to be disconnecting an existing electrical cable at an overground box when the incident occurred.
The contractor have been told to stop all electrical works at the worksite, and MOM will continue to investigate the site to determine if it is safe for such works to continue. It is believed the dead 59 year old man was Mr Asogan Suparamaniam, and he was from Global Marine Construction and Engineering.
The deceased’s son said that his father was director of the company, which specialises in electrical engineering works.