1. On 15 August 2017, our solicitors, M/S Tan Rajah & Cheah, filed and served our joint Defence in Suit No. HC/S 668/2017 (the “Suit”).
2. In the Suit, it has been alleged, amongst other things, that Ms Sylvia Lim and Mr Low Thia Khiang caused AHTC to enter into contracts with FMSS, and such actions were made in breach of fiduciary duties and/or duties of care owed by the aforementioned to AHTC. It has also been alleged that, amongst others, Ms Sylvia Lim and Mr Pritam Singh breached fiduciary duties and/or duties of care and skill in failing to comply with the Town Council Financial Rules.
3. We deny all such allegations. Our Defence deals with each and every allegation made against us by the AHTC.
4. We maintain that, at all times, we had acted in good faith and in accordance with our duties as Town Councillors. Our actions had the best interests of the residents of AHTC at heart and sought to ensure that AHTC was able to fulfil all its functions and duties, notwithstanding the difficult circumstances that we were faced with.
5. In particular, with regard to the appointment of FMSS as AHTC’s Managing Agent, Ms Sylvia Lim and Mr Low Thia Khiang acted in good faith and in the best interests of its residents. The circumstances and context for the said appointment are broadly set out in the Defence and in particular, Annexes A and B of the Defence which are enclosed.
Low Thia Khiang
16 August 2017