Here are five things that people should know about Yan Jun who protest at Raffles Palce for demanding for PM Lee’s resignation over Terrex issue.
1) Indeed, he is from China. However, he is currently a new citizen. He had posted his NRIC number on his blog (URL: medp1128.blogspot.com).
2) On 1 April 2013, he filed for damages against the Attorney-General for loss of liberty, assult and battery, humiliation, excessive use of force, defamation, international infliction of emotional distress, economic loss and malicious prosecution and abuse of process. In the end, he awarded costs fixed at $3,000 to the A-G.
3) On 2 March 2016, he had displayed two placards, including one in Chinese which read, “Protest against High Court of Singapore for miscarriage of justice” at the Istana Park.
4) On 20 October 2016, he protested outside the US embassy.
5) On 23 November 2016, he protested outside the British High Commission.
I can only wonder why he is so free to keep protesting and do not need to work. Is this a China government conspiracy?