LAPTOP CHARGER CAUSES FIRE AT TAMPINES FLAT

Dear A.S.S. Editor

A fire broke out at a Tampines flat last night, and according to the SCDF, it invovled a laptop charger. The fire broke out at about 8:15pm in a third storey flat at Blk 846 Tampines St 82.

No injuries were reported in the fire. The flat reportedly housed a family of four. This is a good reminder that everyday items that we use can be fire hazards, even if we don’t think of them as such.

As we use more and more electronic items around the house, there is a need to charge these electronic devices. make sure that the charger are not faulty, and that when we are charging them, best not to leave them overnight, in case of such fire happening.

Jim Tan

A.S.S. Contributor

Check Also

Worker’s Party MP He Ting Ru Calls Out Systemic Racism in Singapore

Sengkang MP He Ting Ru said she was dismayed that many Singaporeans are living with racism. "There is no place in our society for racism, sexism or xenophobia," she wrote.