A reader has shared a tongue in cheek list of occupations for Singaporeans facing retrenchment in their 40s and above.
What do you think? Is this an accurate list?
1. insurance agent (over supply & high turn over rate ) (need to fight with fresh grad or ORD personnel)
2. property agent (over supply & high turn over rate ) (need to fight with fresh grad or ORD personnel)(depend on luck and your HOD)
3. uber or grab driver(over supply )(need extra $$ to rent the car)
4. taxi driver(over supply and need to fight with those current taxi uncle)
5. hawker(need skill and need $$$ for stall rental)
6. dish collector / cleaner (menial work but need to fight with those current pool of ah gong and ah mah)
7. cardboard exercise (need to collect ton of it )
8. tissue paper seller
9. begging at hawker center
10. uber or grab food delivery
Hard truth of Singapore life.