SAMSUNG STORE CATCHES FIRE AT AMK HUB

Dear A.S.S. Editor

There was a fire that broke out this early morning at Ang Mo Kio Hub, affecting the storeroom of the Samsung Experience Store at the basement level. The fire was put out by the mall’s sprinkler system and a water jet by Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) personnel.

No injuries were reported. Seems like Samsung cannot catch a break. From battery phone fire, now the storeroom also caught fire. Sure hope it was not from one of the batteries that started the fire. A few of the shops near the affected store was closed, although they did not catch any fire.

Lucky the fire was a small one, happened in a mall where no one was in at the time. Could have been something much worse.

Lewis Koh

A.S.S. Contributor

Check Also

Worker’s Party MP He Ting Ru Calls Out Systemic Racism in Singapore

Sengkang MP He Ting Ru said she was dismayed that many Singaporeans are living with racism. "There is no place in our society for racism, sexism or xenophobia," she wrote.