An M1 contractor performing cable works along Claymore Road accidentally burst one of the main Public Utilities Board pipes today, causing a huge flood of water to choke up the street.
According to a netizen, the incident took place at about 10.30AM. The workers who were working cables had accidentally punctured one of the water pipes with their equipment, causing a loud gushing sound.
The water that sprayed out was so voluminous, it could have filled up one swimming pool’s worth of water before it was finally sealed and shut down in 1 and a half hours.
Pointing out that there was no Singaporean foreman to supervise the work, the netizen noted that all the foreign workers at the site at first seemed at a loss of what to do.