The Muslim Converts Association of Singapore issued this statement about the alleged whistleblower behind the controversy over Masjid Chulia yesterday evening.
“Statement of Muslim Converts’ Association of Singapore (MCAS) on Terence Nunis
Assalamu‘alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh.
May peace be upon you.
We have received a number of queries pertaining to an individual by the name of Terence Helikaon Nunis.
We are releasing the following information, which is the summary of the involvement of the above-named individual at MCAS;
– He was a member of MCAS from 31 March 2001 to 31 December 2013;
– He was a member of the Council from 2004 to 2010 and 2012 to 2014;
– He served as Assistant Vice President of Da’wah Division for a period of 8 months from 30 July 2005 to 25 March 2006:
We would like to state that Terence Nunis,
– Has not been a member of MCAS since 1 January 2014;
– Does not represent MCAS and the views expressed by him are solely his own and do not reflect the policy or position of MCAS.
Wassalamu‘alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh.”