I brought my 5 year old toddler daughter to my mother’s place at block 886A Tampines Street 83 when she nearly fell into a partially opened lift shaft undergoing maintenance.
When we reached the lift lobby, my daughter rain towards the lift to press the button. I was shocked to see the lift door partially opened and it was big enough for children to fall through the gap and into the lift shaft. When I looked into the shaft, I saw a worker sweeping the inside the a broom.
This is a very serious lapse of safety. There was no warning sign, supervisor or barricades to show the lift was undergoing maintenance. Any curious children may fall into the lift shaft and suffer serious injuries. This is unacceptable!