Do help me to share this.
We amended the Child Development Co-Savings Act (CDCA) in Parliament yesterday.
It is important to support parents in caring for and bonding with their children. With the latest amendments, we hope to better support parents by:
– Making it mandatory for employers to provide the second week of Government-Paid Paternity Leave;
– Increasing shared parental leave from one to four weeks;
– Increasing adoption leave from four to 12 weeks;
– Extending maternity leave benefits to unwed mothers for children born on or after 1 January 2017;
– Extending eligibility for adoption leave to unwed adoptive mothers and paternity leave to unwed adoptive fathers, with formal intent to adopt on or after 1 January 2017.
While families raise children and nurture them, the Government will continue to support families in their caregiving responsibilities. I encourage all parents to make good use of the leave schemes, and to be there for their children. A big thank you to the employers who also play an important role in supporting families’ aspirations.
My speech here: https://app.msf.gov.sg/Press-Room/Opening-and-closing-speeches-by-Minister-Tan-Chuan-Jin-at-the-second-reading-of-the-Child-Development-Co-Savings-Amendment-No2-Bill-2016