Vehicle : – Rental Car, Nissan Sylphy (white color)
Rental Company: – Lion City Rentals LCR
Workshop : – World Auto Pte Ltd (appointed workshop by LCR)
• 3-car chain accident along AYE, my vehicle being the last vehicle of the chain … means I am liable for all claims. Followed the procedure, report to World Auto Pte Ltd, make accident report & leave the vehicle there.
• Meanwhile I sent pictures of the damages to outside garage for an estimate, $800/- was the quote from outside garage & require 2 days to repair.
• World Auto have carry out their damage access & informed me the next day, their quotation was $2,200/-, repair period a week. I do not agree with their quote & wish to shift the car to an outside garage. World Auto said no “in their so-call professional way”. I stop any further discussion with this workshop, give up. I approach LCR, hoping to get their permission.
• Once I reach LCR office & relate the whole incident, they shown me a section of my Rental Contract. Yes .. it is in black & white, I have signed & now LL
• Next … LCR confirm they do not allow their vehicle to be fixed by other workshop, full stop. Must be through this costly World Auto workshop.
• LCR negotiated on my behalf with World Auto workshop for a lower $1,800/- deal. The repair period is still a week, nothing can be faster. (final & no more bargain)
• During the entire repair period, I still have to pay my daily rental ($70 x 7 = $490) in cash, since Uber can no longer offset it from my weekly earnings. In the end, i gave LCR official notice to return vehicle instead.
• I also need to pay up Third Party Access Claims $2,140/-
I am sharing my experience with all Uber drivers who have rented their vehicle with LCR.
In the end, the seamless coordination between LCR & World Auto is flawless & I’m left with $4,556/- out of pocket.