In a news release today, the Singapore Police Force (SPF) has come out to warn Singaporeans against speculating or commenting on the Yishun death on Saturday.

It says a thorough investigation would be conducted into the death of the man and that people would be free to comment about the incident after the “full and true” facts have been established in court. It reminded Singaporeans that commenting on issues that have yet to be established in court can amount to subjudice.

The SPF also issued its own timeline of events:

SPF responders received a call at 7.57pm on Saturday requesting for assistance at Block 279, Yishun Street 22.

Upon arrival, a 26-year-old man was found lying motionless and was subsequently pronounced dead by paramedics.

A 20-year-old man was arrested Saturday night after a 26-year-old man was found dead outside a flat at Block 279 in Yishun.

The suspect allegedly tied Mr Rodrigues’ (left) wrists and ankles before hitting him outside a stairwell on the sixth floor of the block in Yishun.

The deceased and the accused, a 20-year-old Singaporean male, had known each other for a few years, Police confirmed.

Between April last year and March, the accused’s mother had lodged a total of four police reports against the deceased.

Three of the reports were for alleged nuisance caused by the deceased after he had turned up at the accused’s house to look for the latter and had been asked by the accused’s family to leave.

The fourth report was lodged on March 27, which police are investigating as a case of outrage of modesty of a female.

Police said they interviewed the accused’s mother and also sent her a letter on April 8, acknowledging an appeal made by them through her Member of Parliament K. Shanmugam, and confirming that the matter was under investigation.

The accused’s family had also made a number of “999” calls whenever the deceased had turned up at the accused’s house, Police said.

Separately, on June 30, the deceased had also lodged a police report alleging that he had been assaulted by the accused in the vicinity of Block 279, Yishun Street 22, on June 23.

But he had also indicated that he did not wish to pursue the matter further, Police noted.

Revealing that the SPF has been following up on reports lodged by both parties and attempting to mediate between the two, it also added that a magistrate complaint had been lodged against the deceased and that the parties were attending community court mediation proceedings since February. The last session they had was in May.

Check Also

Tiktok Teen Accepting Applications To Date Her Mother

Her future stepdad must be a good photographer and have a lot of patience because her mother might look innocent although she isn't.