Responding to a question posted on Quora “How is it like marrying a Singaporean girl?”, a nameless Singaporean man shared his frank opinions on the issue.
I marry a Singaporean (Chinese) girl so I believe i qualify to answer this question. This is from my own experience.
1) They are independent, career minded – due to equal opportunity environment in Singapore
2) They are strongly opinionated and complain a lot – due to efficiency of complaint handling culture in Singapore.
3) They insist they are right, and want you to admit that you are wrong. They compromise little.
4) They won’t take your surname. Have only seen a few that does so, and all of them married white guys.
5) You will feel like you are marrying a guy partner, rather than a lady partner.
6) From my experience, many do not want children. Those who want are the religious type.
7) You can expect nothing from them, but they would expect the world from you.