A 36 year old maid was on her way to pick up her employer’s daughters from tuition. She entered Lift A at Block 317 Ang Mo Kio Street 31. Little did she expect, once the doors closed, the lift malfunction and sent her shooting upwards towards the 20th storey at high speed.
The lift’s elevation was so rapid that it threw her off her feet. The maid was stuck in the lift for 1.5 hours before SCDF personnel arrived and extracted her from the lift. Throughout the ordeal, she was reduced to tears and has vowed never to take the same lift again. She now has a phobia whenever, she needs to take the lift.