GE2015 is looking like a contest to showcase which party committed the most lapses under their watch. For the moment it is looking like a contest between WP and PAP as only these two parties have direct responsibilities over the citizens as their representatives. And also a very important point to note, both parties may have committed lapses, but both did their jobs with good intentions, with very decent and upright people, so no crime has been committed so far.
So far if one is to read the main media the there are more lapses committed by the WP than than the PAP. If one is to read the social media, there are more lapses committed by the PAP than the WP. To be fair, it is necessary to look at both media for a balance picture and I did that and find that the lapses are about equal on both sides.
Let me just list down 10 lapses of the PAP, could be more but it would be too tiresome to belabour the point as both parties committed equal numbers. It can be 10 versus 10 or 20 versus 20 or 100 versus 100.
Ok, here are the 10 lapses of PAP not in any order of merit:
1. Infrastructure not ready for huge influx of foreigners, train stoppages
2. Need more transparency to know how Temasek and GIC are doing
3. Losing the Singaporean core
4. AGO reports on PA’s grassroot organizations
5. Not returning the people’s savings as promised
6. PMETs losing jobs and replaced by foreigners with fake or half past six degrees
7. Shortage of hospital beds and high medical cost
8. AIM saga
9. Spending billions to provide scholarships to foreigners
10. Signing of CECA
And here are the 10 lapses of WP, also not in any order of severity.
1. AHPETC – Cannot manage town council
2. AHPETC – Cannot manage town council
3. AHPETC – Cannot manage town council
4. AHPETC – Cannot manage town council
5. AHPETC – Cannot manage town council
6. AHPETC – Cannot manage town council
7. AHPETC – Cannot manage town council
8. AHPETC – Cannot manage town council
9. AHPETC – Cannot manage town council
10. AHPETC – Cannot manage town council
So the score card is 10 versus 10. The people can now judge the merit of the case and how good the two parties are. I could make it 20 versus 20 if the above is not convincing enough.
Oops, I wrote the above last week. Now there are so many new developments about the AHPETC’s case. The managing agent is found to have made excessive profits or profiteering. And WP has been accused of rewarding their friends and supporters with big contracts to make money. This kind of things never happened in super clean Singapore under the PAP. The PAP never believed in rewarding their friends and supporters or profiteering, let alone collecting more money from the people.
Strange things are happening. How can political parties reward their friends, supporters and kaki lang with contracts and profiteering some more? Ask the PAP, their track record is so clean and perfect. That is why they can stand on high moral grounds to poke at WP. Now on one side we have righteous people, good hearted people, immortals, natural aristocrats and nobles and the ordinary not so rich people on the other side. The good side is pointing the guilty finger at the ordinary people. And according to Vivian Balakrishnan, wealthy people are unlikely to be corrupt even when they worked for free.
So, what do you think?