Dear All Singapore Stuff,
Singapore Peoples’ Party (SPP) has put up a call for volunteers. SPP’s Jeanette Chong-Aruldoss, the candidate for Mountbatten SMC, needs volunteers for the upcoming campaign. If your readers want to volunteer and help to defeat the PAP, here’s the volunteer registration form:
It can be filled up very fast. All SPP is asking is just 1-2 hours of your time and they will accommodate your preferences!
Let’s do our part for change!
“Are you interested in:
• Being part of an exciting political campaign?
• Learning more about improving the lives of Mountbatten residents?
• Experiencing what goes on behind the scenes during a general election?
If so, then the Singapore People’s Party has an incredible opportunity for you.
I started my journey 5 years ago and I still have much to do. Having polled 41.38% in GE2011, I now need that extra push to close the gap and get elected.
Ways to Help
1. PROPOSER, SECONDER, OR ASSENTOR
– Role: to agree to allow the candidate to run for elections in Mountbatten SMC.
– You must be physically at the Nomination Centre for Mountbatten SMC on the morning of Nomination Day (a weekday) until 1230h.
– An SMC candidate needs 1 Proposer, 1 Seconder and 8 Assentors.
– You must be a registered voter in Mountbatten SMC.
2. POLLING AGENT
– You will be checking the identity of the voters at the polling station and ensuring that polling is properly conducted.
– You will ensure that the elections officials follow the rules.
– Starts from 0800h in the morning of Polling Day. Depending on the number of helpers, the Polling Agents may be scheduled for half-day shifts (morning or afternoon).
– A training session will be organized before Polling Day.
– You will be the rare ones allowed inside a polling station.
3. CAMPAIGN HELPERS (FRONTLINE)
Frontline helpers will:
– Reach out to the voters during walkabouts
– Hand out flyers
– Sell SPP publications and merchandise to raise funds
4. CAMPAIGN HELPERS (BEHIND THE SCENES)
Behind the scenes helpers will:
– help to organise and set up rally sites
– put up posters and banners
– deliver campaign pamphlets
– edit and manage audio and video
COMMITMENT FOR CAMPAIGN HELPERS
We are flexible. You can help 1-2 hours or on a one-off basis. No minimum period is required. A coordinator will work out arrangements to suit you.
Registration as a Party member is not required.
All volunteers must be Singapore citizens.
The Parliamentary Elections Act does not allow students in MOE primary and secondary school, or undischarged bankrupts to take part in election activities.
If the above roles interest you, fill up the form below and a coordinator will get back to you.
You may also contact me by email at [email protected] or phone at 86224495.