A netizen Mr Rizuan suffered a horrific injury after the stool he was sitting on at a hawker center in Changi Village broke. He had been breaking fast with his family at the hawker center on 26th Jun when the incident happened.
What happened next was nothing if not excruciating. As he fell backwards, his left calf struck the exposed metal spine of the seat and was impaled, leaving him bleeding and in severe pain.
“The top part of the seat fell off, my left calf was stuck on the metal part,” he said.
The result was a horrific 10cm gash that left Rizuan bleeding profusely.
The injury is so bad that Rizuan is still unable to walk and has to take hospitalisation leave from work.
Rizuan said that he went public with his unfortunate accident because he wanted others to be careful of faulty equipment in public hawker centers and for public agencies to look into the safety of all hawker center customers.
“This time it happened to me, next time it could be children, pregnant women or old people. You will never know,” he said.
He added that he is seeking legal advice on how he can proceed to file claims for his injury.