MAN BLOWN TO PIECES AFTER LIGHTING FIREWORKS ON HEAD

Think lighting a firework on your head is a good idea? Think again.

22-year-old Canadian man Devon Staples was drinking and celebrating the 4th of July when he decided that he would try to launch a firework off the top of his head. He placed a reloadable fireworks mortar tube on his head and told his friends he was going to light it. His friends urged him to stop.

“Apparently, he thought that was a great idea,” said a fire department spokesperson in Calais, the town where Staples lived for most of his life. “His friends they thought dissuaded him from doing it, and the next thing they knew, he ignited the fireworks and he was killed instantly.”

Staples’s brother Cody told the Daily News of New York that he was a few feet away when his brother lit the firework and was the first to come to his side after it exploded.

“There was no rushing him to the hospital. There was no Devon left when I got there,” said 25-year-old Cody Staples, who called it an accident.

“Devon was not the kind of person who would do something stupid. He was the kind of person who would pretend to do something stupid to make people laugh,” he said.

Staples’ death is the first fireworks fatality in Maine since the state legalized fireworks on Jan. 1, 2012, authorities said.

Check Also

Ang Moh Scared He Get Covid After Brushing Against Sinkie in CBD

At that point, I was a little shocked that the situation escalated that quickly and I was dealing with an angry Caucasian man. Thoughts were racing through my head: Is it because I'm Chinese? Am I supposed to say sorry?