A selfie-obsessed teen was tragically electrocuted by a live wire after climbing on top of a train in pursuit of the ultimate self-portrait.
Brunette Anna Ursu, 18, had gone to the train station with a friend in Iasi in northeast Romania to take the “selfie” and post it on Facebook.
But as she sat on top of the train and stuck her leg in the air, she erupted into flames when overhead cables sent 27,000 volts zapping through her body.
The girl’s friend — who was on top of the train with her at the time — was sent flying by the force of the blast.
A passer-by who saw the horrific accident unfold risked their own life by scrambling on top of the carriage to put out the girl’s burning clothes before phoning the emergency services.
He said he had been going for a walk when he spotted the girls playing on top of the carriage.
He called out to them to keep their heads and legs down and then heard a loud bang as the girl turned into a human fireball.
Both teens were taken to hospital but the 18-year-old, who had burns to over 50 per cent of her body later died.
A hospital spokesman said that although the girl hadn’t touched the wire, she had touched the electrical field which was just as deadly.
The girl who survived said her friend had wanted to get the “ultimate selfie” and that they had not even considered the danger.