1. He didn’t just attend The University of Cambridge, he earned a double-starred degree there
A double starred degree is like first class honours, but double. So imagine being the top of the class, and then doubling that achievement.
2. He became Prime Minister of Singapore at the age of only 35.
In comparison, our very first badass: Khairy Jamaluddin, who is also our current Youth and Sports Minister; just turned 39 on January.
3. He then proceeded to build the greatest startup in the world:
Don’t deny it, you know it’s a startup.
4. His version of National Service is so cool, there’s a movie series about it.
5. He learned Mandarin at the age of 32, and Hokkien at 38.
Because you’re never too old to learn new tricks.
6. He’s too cool for golf, and swims instead.
I began to play more golf to keep fit, but later on turned to running and swimming, which took me less time to achieve the same amount of aerobic exercise.
— Lee Kuan Yew
7. On his 90th birthday, even the Queen of The United Kingdom wished him.
8. He’s really, really great on stage.
9. Because even death cannot shake him.
I wish I can meet my wife in the hereafter, but I don’t think I will.
I just cease to exist just as she has ceased to exist—otherwise the other world would be overpopulated.
— One Man’s View Of The World