This Indian PR lady was infront of me in the line queueing for the feeder service which plys 10 bus stops around my estate. First when i stood behind her she gave me a very dirty stare like i had done something bad to her. I turned away.. immediately she took her phone started dialling and i guess the other party answered… she started reprimanding the person with her very heavy accent and was giving instuctions to run a class. Repeatedly she kept saying that “look i have been a senior in teaching and i know” i guessed she was a teacher and she was probably drilling sum1 abt class and she was trying to tell me she is a teacher, I knew cos she was quite loud.
Bus came and we boarded.. the bus was abit crowded… our friend got a seat.. she sat on the outer seat and put her bags in the inner seat. I didnt have a seat and i stood. Anyway seat was the one reserved for needy so i tot maybe she might give it up for sum1 needy. Immediately she took out a stack of papers which i saw was composition papers. She started marking… 2 bus stops later 2 old people boarded she never looked up she continued marking.
1. Do teachers mark compo papers like dat?
2. She never gave the seat to the poor old people who stood.
3. Why do u do marking in a crowded bus where u are probably gonna get off in like 4 or 5 bus stops?
4. If she was really marking, dnt teachers read thru it thoroughly for spelling and punctuation mistakes?
5. I saw her putting her saliva on all the papers she was marking thru? I believe some of us have a habit but will teachers do that?
Is that hygienic?
6. Seat she is sitting is nearest to exit door.why cant give seat up for the old people?
LASTLY MY VIEWS: Dear Pr Teacher whoever u are… you dnt have to show me or anyone u are a teacher… if u were 1 i respect u. Pls do u think as a teacher u are a bad example to others…
our teachers in the our schools have taught us basic courtesy and say make it a way of life.. give up or at least take your bag off and give the seat to the needy. 2 poor old people staring at u!!! I dnt agree to marking like dat.. but thats between you and the students and the school u teach at… i got no right to comment abt that.
PLEASE WE ARE SINGAPOREANS.. ALREADY YOU GUYS SEEK REFUGE HERE AND INFILTRATED OUR COUNTRY WHERE U PROBABLY ARE WORKING FOR HALF THE PAY OF WHAT MY FELLOW HARDWORKING COUNTRY PEOPLE WHO PAINSTAKINGLY PAY AN EXORBITANT AMOUNT IN NIE TO BECOME TEACHERS. YOU GOT THE JOB WHILE SOME HAVENT! Count your blessings carry yourself well and please be public spirited. I am sorry if i have offended you. THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE!!!
Sean Vanan Omkara