MAN SEVERELY BURNT AFTER HIS IPHONE 5C EXPLODED IN THE POCKET

It is not uncommon for mobile devices to cause hurt to their users. We use these devices extensively every single day and while they’re safe for the most part, sometimes we do get to hear about freak accidents where people get burned to injured even worse by their smartphones.

Erik Johnson, a man from Long Island, New York, suffered something similar recently. His iPhone is reported to have exploded spontaneously when it was still in his pocket on Valentine’s Day. This is how he explained his ordeal:

“I had the phone in my pocket, simple little gesture, bent over to get keys and all I heard was pop. Sssssh smoke coming out,” Johnson said. “And just like an instant burn, my leg just starts going on fire, try to get it out, can’t get it out. I was literally jumping up and down trying to get the phone out of my pocket, but I think the phone melted my pockets shut so I couldn’t get into it and I had to rip my pants off and throw the pants to the side. A couple of people actually said they could smell my body burning.”

According to the report Johnson suffered severe burns on his inner thigh and he had to spend ten days in the burn unit before being released last week. A nurse still visits twice a day to change his bandage.

There have been multiple instances of iPhones exploding in the past as well but in most of those cases third party chargers were involved. Johnson says that he was using the original charger and cable so the fault couldn’t have been caused by an unofficial accessory. Johnson has already lawyered up while Apple says that its looking into the matter.

Check Also

Worker’s Party MP He Ting Ru Calls Out Systemic Racism in Singapore

Sengkang MP He Ting Ru said she was dismayed that many Singaporeans are living with racism. "There is no place in our society for racism, sexism or xenophobia," she wrote.