4 YR OLD BOY DIES AFTER EATING CONTAMINATED FOOD AT NORTHPOINT KOPITIAM FOODCOURT

A four-year-old boy died four days after eating contaminated food bought from a nasi padang stall at a food court, a coroner’s court heard.

Shayne Sujith Balasubraamaniam, together with his mother and two-year-old sister, came down with food poisoning on Jan 19 this year, a day after his mother had bought food, including tahu goreng and curry chicken, from a nasi padang stall at Kopitiam food court at Northpoint Shopping Centre.

All three were taken brought to Bukit Batok Polyclinic the next day. Shayne was assessed to be severely dehydrated and was prescribed medication.

He showed apparent signs of recovery, but deteriorated on Jan 22 when his mother found him unconscious at home. He died in hospital about two hours later from salmonella septicaemia.

Check Also

Can We Call Ourselves Fair When We Don’t Recognize LGBT Couples?

Min Shan tried to assure Singaporeans that sexual orientation do not influence policies. But why is 377A still around?