14 October 2014
Central Police Division
No. 391 New Bridge Road
Police Cantonment Complex
Block A, #03-112
Attn: Senior Investigation Officer, Inspector Wong Yu Wei
HAN HUI HUI (NRIC NO. S*******H) WRONGFUL SEIZURE OF LEGALLY PRIVILEGED DOCUMENT
1. We act for Han Hui Hui.
2. We are instructed that our client, acting on legal advice, made a written record of the questions and her answers put to her in an interview with Senior Investigation Officer, Inspector Wong Yu Wei on 10 October 2014 at Central Police Division. This personal record was prepared so that she would have accurate details of the matters in question for her legal advisers, and as such it constituted a privileged legal communication.
3. It is a matter of the gravest concern that it appears this personal record was seized from her at the interview and has not been returned to her.
4. We request an explanation for the wrongful seizure of private property from our client.
5. We hereby serve you with a formal demand on behalf of our client for the return of the personal record to our client, who has authorised us to receive it on her behalf, not later than 1600 hours Wednesday 15 October 2014.
6. We place you on formal notice that this document is a private document over which legal professional privilege is asserted.
7. All our client’s rights are expressly reserved.