Regarding the concerns raised by Ms Han Hui Hui, we would like to note the following:
1) YMCA is a voluntary welfare organisation and is the organiser of YMCA Proms @ the Park. This activity has been organised annually since 2007. We do not represent any grassroots organisation.
2) We also have not made changes to any plans.
3) We applied to National Parks for permission to use Hong Lim Park in December 2013 and were given permission in April 2014 to hold the event on 27th September 2014.
4) Neither YMCA nor its representatives have had communication with Ms Han.
5) At YMCA Proms @ the Park tomorrow, some 900 participants comprising public volunteers, corporate volunteers from 14 organisations, and beneficiaries from 17 VWOs will come together for a concert and picnic. Our beneficiaries include individuals with special needs, the elderly, and underprivileged children.