1. Nipple stimulation = a closer bond with your sexual partner.
Or at least that’s what a 2012 study suggests! The study aimed to find exactly whymen are attracted to breasts, and the answer they found is that it’s a partial result of evolution. In that men have learned that by stimulating a woman’s nipple, the woman is then more inclined to feel attracted and connected to her partner physically.
2. In fact, some women can achieve orgasm from nipple stimulation alone. (Awesome.)
3. There’s a champagne glass in London that’s shaped after Kate Moss’ breast.
The glasses exist at London’s 34 restaurant, and Kate’s signature is even on the bottom!
4. Men have nipples and breasts because all fetuses are female at first.
That’s right! Every fetus starts as female, and it isn’t until six weeks that testosterone starts to take hold. But even before that six-week mark, nipples and breasts are already part of the body.
5. The largest bra size is an L, and the smallest is a AAA.
The L cup was only made available in 2011.
6. Scientists seriously do not know why women have full breasts all the time.
Primates have full breasts only when they’re breastfeeding, and then they quickly go back to normal. But human breasts appear full even when we’re not breastfeeding. So…what gives? There are a bunch of theories, including one about how our full breasts are similar to the round and bright red buttcheeks of our ape ancestors.
7. Because bras weren’t yet invented, ancient Roman women would wrap bandages around themselves to keep their boobs in place while they worked out.
8. Studies show that breastfeeding can have long-term benefits for moms, including lowering risks of heart disease and cancer.
9. And breastfeeding actually changes the way a mother’s brain works! It makes the mother more attuned to her own child’s crying.
That’s some Mother Nature witchcraft right there.
10. Corsets that cinched in the waist and popped up the breasts went out of style during World War I, when the army needed more steel and asked women to give them up.
11. There are more than 4 million new bras produced every day.
12. A 2013 study found that men who prefer large breasts are less financially secure.
The study also found that when men are hungry they prefer large breasts, and if they want children they also prefer them large.
13. And the same study found that men who prefer small breasts are more financially secure.
The small-breast enthusiasts are also less likely to want children.
14. Sleeping facedown can change the shape of your breasts over time.
It would take a few years of sleeping facedown, but it would change the shape! The best sleep move? On your side.
15. There are eight different types of nipples.
Variety: It is fun! And for nipples, the varieties include normal, flat, puffy, and inverted!