From 14 April, Close Circuit Television Cameras (CCTVs) will be used at 10 locations to enforce against illegal parking. This expansion follows from the successful trial at Marine Parade Central and Beach Road where the use of CCTVs have resulted in improved traffic conditions in the area.
The 10 locations are:
• Beach Road (near Golden Mile Complex
• Marine Parade Central (near Parkway Parade)
• Upper Bukit Timah Road (after The Linear)
• Ardmore Park, Draycott Park (near Ardmore Park and JC Draycott)
• Commonwealth Avenue West (Clementi MRT, both directions)
• Serangoon Central (Serangoon MRT, near NEX mall)
• Boon Lay Way (Boon Lay MRT, near Jurong Point)
• Bishan Road (Bishan MRT)
• Jurong Gateway Road (around Jurong East Central, near Jurong East MRT)
• Jurong West Street 63 (Pioneer MRT)
30 locations were selected for the installation of CCTVs, and these are primarily public roads which see a high incidence of illegal parking, as well as locations where the illegal parking situation impedes the smooth flow of public buses and raises safety concerns for pedestrians and other road users. The CCTVs at the remaining 20 locations will be progressively installed and are expected to be operation by the end 2014.
The CCTVs will be operational all day, and motorists are advised to observe the parking regulations and be considerate to other road users. We will continue to monitor the effectiveness of the CCTVs and review the need for expansion to other areas.