MFA disappointed over Indonesian marines posing as MacDonald House bombers at dialogue

SINGAPORE: Singapore’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) said it is concerned and disappointed over an incident where two Indonesian marines posed as the two Indonesian perpetrators of the MacDonald House bombing that killed three innocent civilians and injured another 33 in Singapore in March 1965.

The incident happened at the Jakarta International Defence Dialogue exhibition on March 19. Singapore had been invited as a guest to the exhibition.

On learning of the incident, the Singapore Armed Forces delegation at the exhibition withdrew from the event and returned to Singapore.

Singapore officials at the Embassy in Jakarta also spoke with representatives from the Indonesian Foreign Ministry and the Indonesian military to express disappointment over the incident.

MFA added that it is puzzled by comments from Indonesian Defence Minister Purnomo Yusgiantoro. According to Indonesian media, Mr Yusgiantoro said there was “no problem” with the presence of the two marines at the exhibition.

MFA said the posing of the two marines at the exhibition did not reflect the spirit of Indonesian Foreign Minister Marty Natalegawa’s comments made on February 11 this year that no ill-will or malice was intended towards Singapore.

Check Also

Netizen: Photographer Charged Me $360 For Lousy Photographs And Then Blocked Us!

He was late, he left early, he gave subpar photographs, and then blocked the family from their social media accounts.